HydrogenPro was founded in 2013 by individuals with background from the electrolysis industry which was established in Telemark, Norway by Norsk Hydro in 1927. We are an experienced engineering team of leading industry experts, drawing upon unparalleled experience and expertise in the hydrogen and renewable energy industry.
A team of
HydrogenPro designs and supplies large scale hydrogen production plants in cooperation with global partners and suppliers, all ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 certified.
Our core product is the alkaline high-pressure electrolyser. Recently we acquired a new plating technology through the acquisition of Advanced Surface Plating ApS in Denmark. With our new electrode technology, we are able to increase the efficiency of each unit by 14% to reach 93% of the theoretical maximum. This is a significant step forward as the cost of electric power, depending on market prices, amounts to 70-90% of the cost of producing hydrogen, the value of such increased efficiency equals approximately the investment cost for the entire plant in a Total Cost of Operation perspective. The new technology is proven in a small industrial scale unit and a production facility that can handle full size electrodes is now under construction. Complete assembly lines are being planned in Europe and USA to satisfy demand for local content.
Unlike traditional alkaline systems, our high-pressure units (up to 30 bar) save compression costs and are superbly suited for variable loads from solar panels and wind turbines. We compare favorably with the alternative technologies since the electric consumption is much lower per kg hydrogen. Also importantly, our units do not use any noble or scarce metals.
The demand for green hydrogen is accelerating all over the world which has caught the attention of many large companies particularly for distribution and sales. Projects comprising several giga watts are in development and with our leading technology, industry leading competence and strong partners, we are aiming to become the #1 large-scale hydrogen production systems player.
While most analysts predict that the cost of hydrogen will be reduced to USD 1.5/kg in 2030, HydrogenPro can deliver hydrogen at about 1.20 USD/kg already in 2022 with the new technology (at an electricity cost of USD 20/MWh).
HydrogenPro is proud to supply high-end electrolysers in collaboration with its partners. Our pressurized alkaline electrolysers has been delivered since 1994 and more than 400 plants have been installed worldwide.
Mitshubishi Power Systems Europe (MHPSE) a subsidiary of Mitshubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd., has entered a joint development agreement with HydrogenPro to develop Power Fuel projects with electrolysers from HydrogenPro.
For more information visit www.power.mhi.com
ABB is a main partner in the design, manufacturing and supply of electrical instruments and control and safety systems to large electrolyser systems.
For more information visit www.global.abb
Board of Directors
Kermit J. Nash
- Founded HydrogenPro in 2013
- 25 years international industry experience from Norsk Hydro, Statoil, ABB and RPR
- 10 years experience from the hydrogen electrolyzer business
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from South Dakota School of Mine & Technology
Martin Thanem Holtet
- VP, Head of Treasury and IR in Hurtigruten
- Strategy and M&A in Yara International and Corporate Finance in Carnegie
- M.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)
Erik Chr. Bolstad
- Several positions within Commercial, Sales & Marketing functions with long experience from B2B within the global shipping and shipbuilding industry
- More than 20 years’ experience from various management positions within ABB and others
- B.Sc. Electronic engineering from University of South-Western Norway
- Several positions within Commercial, Sales, Marketing and Service functions with a long experience in the global maritime oil and gas industry.
- More than ten years of experience in various management and business development positions within ABB and others.
- B.Sc. Marketing from Norwegian Business School.